Why Proposition 1?
- Texas is falling far behind.
- Texas’ population is increasing by 1,100 persons each day.
- An annual investment of $10.8 billion is needed to maintain 2010 road and bridge conditions.
- In 2016, there will be only $2.9 billion available for new highways and road maintenance.
- The Texas Department of Transportation has said it needs more than $4 billion in additional annual funding to maintain current congestion levels as the state’s population grows.
The Time is NOW!
- Proposition 1 creates more jobs.
- Proposition 1 reduces congestion.
- Proposition 1 increases safety.
- Proposition 1 will NOT increase taxes.
- Proposition 1 will NOT create debt.
- Proposition 1 will NOT fund toll roads.